LISTOWEL – A traffic stop in Listowel last week has resulted in numerous charges for a North Perth driver.
Just before 11 p.m. on June 7, a Perth County OPP officer conducted a traffic stop on Elizabeth Street West. The driver, who had a class G1 licence, did not have an accompanying driver in the vehicle.
Police say further investigation revealed that the plates did not belong with that vehicle, nor was there any insurance. Police also found cannabis readily available to the driver, who was underage.
Facing charges is 18-year-old Kaleb Dolmage of North Perth. He has been charged with:
- operate a motor vehicle without insurance;
- use plate not authorized for vehicle;
- driver fail to surrender licence;
- class G1 licence holder – unaccompanied by qualified driver;
- drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available; and
- person under 19 years – possess cannabis.
The accused is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Stratford at a later date to answer to the charges.