MILDMAY – The countdown is definitely on for Mildmay-Carrick Homecoming – Aug. 3-7, 2023 – as it is now less than a year away! The committee has been meeting monthly and is excited to report that all of the various committee chairperson positions have now been filled. The following is a list of the awesome volunteers who have stepped forward:
– Antique Car Show – Melinda and Jacob Koebel;
– Bar – Chris Grubb;
– Beard Growing – Ann Marie Dietz;
– Children/Teens Activities – Emily Campbell and Lisa Bohnert;
– Dances – Crystal Kreager;
– Decorations – Mackenzie Goetz;
– Fireworks – Bill Smith;
– Float – Nick and Brandy Durrer;
– Food – Mike Calvert;
– Grounds Keeping – Regan Strauss;
– Lottery – Jayne Dietrich;
– Oasis – Carrie Lynn Weber;
– Pageant – Hannah Niesen;
– Parade – Mackenzie Durrer;
– Publicity/Social Media – Julia Gutscher;
– Registration – Brady Metcalfe;
– Scheduling – Sherry Durrer;
– School Reunions – April Huber and Tammy Ellis-Smith;
– Security – Jeremy Ellis;
– Set up/Tear down – Ag Society, Jeff Borth;
– Sound Systems – Wilf Hinsperger;
– Souvenirs – Katrina Butler;
– Special Events – Jake Lantz; and
– Sponsorship – Tiffany Weigel.
There is always room for more volunteers on all of the committees. If you see something that interests you, either as part of the planning or helping out on the actual weekend, please send a message to the homecoming website at email@example.com. Many hands make light work!
Souvenirs will be available soon. Check out the homecoming booth at the Mildmay-Carrick Fall Fair on Saturday, Sept. 10 from 12:30 – 5 p.m. on the arena floor and Sunday, Sept. 11 from 3:30 – 6:30 p.m. in the hall for a “sneak peek.” As well as having a preview of the Homecoming merchandise, you can also try on clothing pieces to determine the sizes you will need when the time comes for purchasing. Look for the homecoming colours of purple, yellow and gray!
The special events and children/teens committees have been busy planning activities for everyone. It will definitely be a fun-filled weekend for all to look forward to and enjoy.
The Homecoming Parade is sure to be a hit. Start planning your float now to participate in this crowd favourite. Gather your friends, families, co-workers and more … watch for further details.
Mark your calendars for the New Year’s dinner and dance! Plans are being finalized and more information will be available soon. It will be a great time and is sure to build on the momentum heading into the final stretch leading up to the main event. The sponsorship committee is preparing the various levels of opportunities to be a sponsor of this awesome community event. They will be out and about contacting anyone (businesses and individuals) who may be interested in being included. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
Be sure to check out the website at mildmaycarrickhomecoming.ca. If you have any photos from past homecomings for the website that you would like to share, they can be sent to email@example.com or dropped off at the Town Crier. Any inquiries about homecoming 2023 can also be sent to the above address. You can also find us on Facebook and Instagram. Let the excitement continue to build for Mildmay-Carrick Homecoming 2023 as we truly are “Better Together!”