OWEN SOUND — The Community Foundation Grey Bruce (CFGB) is seeking passionate members of the communities it serves to become involved in its committees and board of directors. The board of directors of CFGB aims to represent the entire region of Grey-Bruce, encompassing local municipalities and First Nations.
“Participating as an active member of the CFGB board provided me with great insights and learnings about the workings of our community, its needs, and the actions being taken to address such concerns. Further, I was honoured to participate in creatively and proactively developing new initiatives, assisting the Foundation and their multiple partners, and in their philanthropic endeavours – all with the intent of strengthening our community,” said Kerina Elliott, past chair of CFGB.
According to a press release from CFGB, ideal candidates for committees and board service:
– know their communities and shared local histories;
– possess the ability to consider issues beyond their individual community, personal and professional interests to impact charitable needs and opportunities throughout the region;
– exemplify the virtues of trust and confidence;
– have demonstrated community service by serving on committees or boards;
– will work to encourage philanthropy in their community; and
– will take an active role in advancing CFGB’s mission and impact as an ambassador.
In support of the strategic objectives of the Foundation, CFGB is seeking candidates possessing professional or volunteer experience in finance and investment, social impact investing, donor stewardship, digital marketing and technology, human resources, or legal.
Those interested in joining the board are asked to submit a written expression of interest, including relevant qualifications and previous community service, to CFGB Executive Director Stuart Reid at email@example.com by Aug. 15.